Twitter Updates

Saturday, August 23, 2008

I'm back, and a preview of many bumper stickers:






















What I think about the choice of Biden is irrelevant. I'm mostly unhappy that I didn't get a text message, as promised, announcing the pick. I signed up like everyone else, and was waiting with bated breath to hear that distinctive *ding* on my Crackberry. Imagine how jealous I was when everyone on Kos was bragging about getting their (3 AM, of course) text message. Oh well.

A few weeks ago, I told an Obama phone banker that I would give another $25 to the campaign, so this seemed as good a night as any other to fulfill that promise. While I intended to make a donation this month anyway, I wanted to give this poor guy on the phone a positive result. I've been on the other end of phone banking, and let me tell you, it makes your day to finally get on the horn with someone who willing to help out. As it is, you're lucky not to get hung up on at least twice per day.

I can imagine that the Obama-Biden '08 bumper stickers are going to be on sale and on a car bumper near you any moment now. My dad asked if I wanted a new sticker, but I told him that I'm keeping the sticker I already have on my car. I've had it there since Obama announced back in January 2007, and retaining it is my way of declaring, "I'm not a bandwagoner, I could tell this guy was gonna make it way back when."

That doesn't mean that I won't be purchasing an Obama-Biden yard sign, though...

1 comment:

Thelnie said...

haha, I know what you mean. I wore the neck tie before Avril did too!!